Saturday, August 20, 2005

What Motivates This Author? Ask Others

I'm not spending a penny to advertise this blog but a growing number of consumers keep stumbling into my commentary thanks to how it's been indexed on Google. Because I started writing this blog back in 2003, back in the early days of hybrid car adoption, my content has been rewarded on search engines. The fact that so many other bloggers or media writers have linked to this blog as a general resource on hybrid cars has helped in search results, and create a venue for interesting feedback. This past week, I received a number of excellent comments, including one from a guy (who I don't know) that seems to have me (and my mission on this blog) entirely figured out. He's pretty close to the mark. Here's an excerpt:

As I read this blog (over a several day period) I noticed something - Pete loves his car. Sure, he was disappointed with the actual mileage he encountered over the lofty promises on the window sticker. Like a lot of people, he blamed the dealer, the manufacturer, the EPA. But never once did I read that he encouraged someone NOT to buy the car. Quite the contrary, he has done everything possible to salvage the relationships, beliefs and technologies involved with hybrid vehicles.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pete,

In 1985, I bought a brand new 1985 Nissan Sentra Diesel. It had an emmissions control system. Its mileage was rated at, if I recall correctly, 41/47, both which were #1 in its class for that year.

I found that consistently I got 45 city and 55 highway, better than the estimate. It also put out NO smoke like regular diesels do as long as you didn't buy cheap-o diesel with high sulfur content (in europe, they remove sulfur and most diesels are very low emmissions.)

Diesels also have NO carbon monoxide emmissions and the particulants they emit are heavier than air and fall harmlessly to the ground.

You can park yourself in a closed garage with a diesel engine running and you will NOT asphixiate.

Diesels get far better mileage than hybrids, are easier and cheaper to maintain, are safer (diesel fuel is NOT explosive). But do you find diesels for sale? NO. In 1985, only a few dozen models were made of my car. I was lucky to get one.

Hybrids are a total scam. The auto industry is a total scam. They can make low emmissions cars that get great mileage. But they choose not to.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(With tongue firmly planted in cheek...)

Free blog-psychoanalysis available Monday-Fridays, 8-5 E.S.T.

Content may not neccesarily reflect the views of the blog owner, though in this case as I was quoted, it appears that they did.

Enjoy!

Don Crouse
dna1307@aol.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home